Love Loughborough BID Business Support Package 2018 Launch
The Purpose of this Programme is:
- To provide a support package for new start-ups and recently established businesses to help them to become successfully established within the Loughborough BID area whilst also reducing the number of vacant units in the Town Centre.
- To assist and support University-generated graduate and undergraduate business ideas that have received support from different departments at the Universirty and which may be suitable for a High Street presence.
- To support the aims and objectives of the Love Loughborough BID:
- 1. To reduce the number of vacant units
- 2. To increase employment in the area
- 3. To increase footfall and spend
- 4. To increase investment in the Town Centre
- 5. To generate pride in the area
Free Sign Posting Service
- A list of all available vacant properties in the BID area with details of rent, rates, size, planning status, agent, landlord etc. available from landlords and agent’s websites
- A link through the BID website to InCharnwood’s Investment Team and their business support package which includes one to one advice and support.
- A link through the BID website to the LLEP Business Gateway, providing free business workshops and training throughout Leicestershire.
- Information on available sources of business funding and advice with associated web links
Business Support Package
- Finding Premises – Information on current available units plus links & introductions to local landlords and agents. Supply of footfall gures and visitor ows for speci c premises and locations through the BID’s Geo-Sense and WiFi infrastructure. Advice on any eligible business rate relief.
- Adapting Premises – Business Support Grants for new businesses to make physical adaptations or improvements to vacant units, including shop- tting and signage.
- Social Media Training – One to one mentoring and support from a trained student advisor in association with Loughborough Students Union. The support will include how to use social media like Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to grow and develop your business.
- Digital Skills Training – In-house workshops delivered by the BID’s Digital Engagement Adviser to include “Choosing the right Channel for your Business Offer”, “Building Your Business Digital Presence” and “Latest Marketing Trends”. Let us help you promote your business through social media by sharing your social content – for more information contact email@example.com
- Retail Training/Mentoring – Delivered by external consultants, we can offer one to one advice and mentoring, a “mystery shopper” assessment of an individual business or retail master classes for a group of businesses.
- Financial Advice – Specialist business advice including business planning, nancial planning, cash ow and access to nance plus marketing support from Loughborough’s banks including Santander, RBS, Barclays and HSBC.
- Legal Advice – A free one hour session with a commercial lawyer at Hawley and Rogers including advice on commercial leases, legal responsibilities etc.
- Insurance Advice – A free one hour session with an Insurance Assessor at the Independent Insurance Bureau
- Try A Trade – For businesses not yet ready to take on premises they can trial their business as a pop up or on a Market stall. We will help source space for a pop up and through the Borough Council we will offer a FREE Market Stall on one Market day and then at a 50% discount for three months. We can also offer up to a week’s trial in the display area in the middle of the Carillon Shopping Centre.
- Planning Advice – A free session with a specialist advisor at Charnwood Borough Council including details of necessary planning permission, advertisement consent, building regulations, food hygiene rules and access to food hygiene training.
- Access to Town Centre Performance Stats
- Access to a large database of Town Centre Statistics which can be available to your business on request, you will have access to:
- Town Centre Footfall
- Wi-Fi User Statistics
- Vacant Units
- Car Parking Figures
Business Support for Existing Businesses in the BID Area
Businesses will have access to the full range of Love Loughborough services, including:
- Free weekly Recycling collection
- Free Entry in the Love Loughborough business directory
- Membership of the Love Loughborough Loyalty Card & App with monthly Loyalty reports Free publicity through Social Media
- Retail Radio Scheme
- Full event listing on website and Facebook
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01509 278210
BID Area Map BID Boundary