Stone the crows it’s that time of year again! The children are back at school, nights are drawing in (even if we don’t want to accept the fact), the harvest is being gathered in and the scarecrows are back in Newtown Linford for the Annual Village Scarecrow Festival Weekend which this year takes place on 29th and 30th September.
A delightful array of Scarecrows will be on display in the village throughout the weekend (make sure to get your Scarecrows up and ready to go by 10am Saturday September 30th) and a map to guide you around the village on our scarecrow trail will be available to purchase for 50p. Vote for your favourite scarecrow and come to the prize giving ceremony taking place on Sunday at 4pm in the Village Hall (everyone welcome to attend), when our ever popular raffle will also be drawn.
There will be lots of exciting things happening over the whole weekend but here’s a snapshot of some of the events:
Saturday 29th September:
• Newtown Linford Primary School Annual Fête 11am – 3pm: – includes a selection of Traditional Stalls, BBQ, Refreshments, Cakes, Face Painting and Maypole Dancing (from 1.30pm)
• All Saints Church 2.30 – 5pm: Bell Ringing (also on Sunday 30th September)
• Judging of the Scarecrows
• Refreshments in the Village Hall 11-3pm
Sunday 30th September:
• Harvest Festival All Age Service: All Saints Church, 10.30am
• Bring-and-Share Harvest Meal: All Saints Church, 12.30pm
• Morris Dancing: Outside The Linford, 1.30pm Onwards
• Craft Stalls, Gifts, Cakes & Refreshments: Village Hall, 11-4pm
• Prize Giving Ceremony and Raffle Prize Draw: Village Hall at 4pm
Admission is FREE and proceeds will go to Newtown Linford Primary School.
We look forward to seeing you there!!