Government officials have warned the NHBF that they will close the hair and beauty sector if they don’t follow safety guidelines.
So today the NHBF is launching #DoItRight to ensure hair and beauty professionals across the UK understand exactly what is required of them to keep working and reduce the risk of further restrictions or lockdowns.
The NHBF want to stress how important it is for everyone in the hair, beauty and barbering industries to follow the guidelines and operate in a COVID secure way to protect yourselves, your employees, clients and to protect the industry from being locked down again.
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has issued a statement to the NHBF which says all businesses are at risk of receiving formal action from local authorities if they are not following their risk assessments. Failure to comply with an enforcement notice from a local authority officer can lead to prosecution in the criminal courts and penalties including fines or up to two years’ imprisonment.
In England, the main points that people need to remember are:
- Wearing a visor – the guidelines which were updated on 14 August now say you must also wear a Type II face mask for extra protection.
- Using a booking-only system and maintaining social distancing in the workplace.
- Frequent washing of hands.
- Using screens, back to back/side to side working.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and tools, especially after each client.
- Contacting clients before appointments to check if clients have COVID symptoms, in which case they must cancel.
- Displaying the COVID 19 Secure notice in a prominent place.
Full information can be found at: https://www.nhbf.co.uk/news-and-blogs/news/nhbf-urges-the-industry-to-doitright/