|Job title||Love Loughborough Town Centre BID Ambassador|
|Responsible to||Love Loughborough BID Manager|
|Working Hours||40 hours per week
Post may include requirements to work some weekends and /or evenings
18 Months to 31st March 2022*
|Employer||Position on a Self-Employed contract/basis to Love Loughborough BID|
|Location||Loughborough Town Centre|
|Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
Love Loughborough BID is seeking an enthusiastic, friendly and welcoming person to join its small team.
The BID Ambassador role is at the core of Love Loughborough BID Limited and serves to ensure the welcome, safety and security of visitors, businesses and properties within the BID area. The role of the Ambassador is to ensure a visible presence on the streets within the area and to act as the eyes and ears of the company, reporting and monitoring issues to the appropriate authority. The Ambassador also acts as a welcome host for visitors and customers of the BID member businesses.
1. Tasks assigned within the Community Safety Partnership (CSP) COVID-19 Recovery Plan:
· The BID Ambassador will ensure effective communication channels are open between retail outlets/local business and the Loughborough Central Delivery Group (LCDG).
· The BID Ambassador will provide community intelligence in respect of businesses who are not ensuring compliance with the Government’s COVID-19 guidance on a weekly basis to the CCTV Team Leader
· The BID Ambassador will provide updates in respect of any COVID-19 social distancing concerns raised by local businesses or members of the public
· The BID Ambassador to attend the monthly LCDG meetings virtually via Zoom
· The BID Ambassador to attend the weekly Night-Time Economy (NTE) COVID-19 Recovery Group and update on any issues arising.
· The BID Ambassador to provide verbal advice to any business viewed to be non-compliant with the COVID guidelines and to Engage, Explain & Encourage the business as to their conduct.
2. Management & development of the Retail Radio Scheme. Duties include daily sign in to the radio and provide first response to any issues arising, increase membership & provide ongoing training to business users as required.
3. Management of the Pub Watch Radio Scheme and administrative duties such as minute taking and updates to the Pubwatch Committee meetings and general meetings, as directed by the Pubwatch Chair.
4. Identify and report to CCTV Control any issues which may help with the detection and reduction of crime and antisocial behaviour in the BID area
5. Attend regular meetings to include Pub Watch, the LCDG, the NTE, BID Board meetings, In Bloom and any other meetings relevant to the role.
6. Assist in managing events and activities in the town centre. To include attendance at events and promotional duties such as leaflet distribution as and when required.
7. Be a positive presence providing advice, assistance and excellent customer service to local BID businesses and visitors to the town.
8. Patrol and monitor the BID area from the streets in branded Love Loughborough BID corporate attire.
9. Quickly and efficiently identify and report to the relevant authority any situations that cannot be resolved by businesses, including begging, shoplifting and ASB.
10. Act as a champion of Loughborough Town Centre.
|This job description reflects the core activities of the post. As the service and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. We expect that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary.|
11. Report Highway defects to the relevant authority including graffiti, fly tipping and lighting failures and complete daily Environmental Logs on the town centre.
12. Help administer the Loughborough BID Recycling Scheme by providing bags as required
13. Monitoring and reporting on Vacant Units and new businesses.
14. Provide a monthly newsletter (e-newsletter)
15. First point of contact for new businesses (providing new businesses with BID Welcome Packs)
16. Develop relationships with BID businesses in the area to better understand the needs and aspirations of our BID Levy Payers.
17. Develop effective working relationships with other key partners in the town centre including the Police and relevant departments at Charnwood Borough Council
18. Maintenance and updating of the Solomon CRM business database (training will be given)
19. Maintain timely and accurate records of issues arising.
Any other duties of a similar nature, as may be requested by management.
|Parameters of Role
The Ambassador will have the appropriate authority to escalate issues that arise to the authority or CCTV control room as appropriate. Working for some of the time on their own the Ambassador will have authority to deal with issues within a defined range of interactions. Escalation of issues to the wrong authority or if not required could damage the working relationship between the BID company and it’s stakeholders.
Due to the nature of this post, it is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and standard Disclosure and Barring Scheme [DBS] vetting will be carried out.
|This section describes the knowledge, experience and competence required by the post-holder that is necessary for an acceptable standard of performance in carrying out this role.|
|General standard of education with a minimum of GCSE English and Math or equivalent||A||Essential|
|Full driving licence valid in the UK or live in Loughborough Town Centre||A||Essential|
|NVQ level 2 or higher in customer service||A||Desirable|
|Knowledge and experience|
|Experience of working with the public||A/I||Essential|
|Experience of establishing and delivering community and/or business events||A/I||Desirable|
|Understanding of how to deal with aggressive/difficult people||A/I||Desirable|
|Good local knowledge of Loughborough Town Centre and its facilities and services||A/I||Essential|
|Organisational skills with the ability to work un-supervised||A/I||Essential|
|Digital skills working on social media platforms||A/I||Essential|
|Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook||A/I||Essential|
|Knowledge of CRM systems (Training will be given on the Solomon CRM)||Desirable|
|Strong customer service skills with the ability to respond to customers’ needs||A/I||Essential|
|Experience working with databases and skills to update systems||A/1||Desirable|
|Well-developed verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels||A/I||Essential|
|Well-developed written communication skills with the ability to write detailed reports||A/I||Essential|
|Team working skills||A/I||Essential|
|Ability to understand, comply and communicate relevant legislation to customers||A/I||Desirable|
Special requirements (e.g. working hours, driving licence etc.)
|Physically capable of undertaking the duties as set out in the Job Description which will include walking to patrol the town centre.||A/I||Essential|
|Physically capable of undertaking the duties as set out in the Job Description, which may include lifting weights up to 25 Kg.||A/I||Essential|
Please note that the criteria specified on this form will be used as guidance when short-listing all applications and again at interview. Please ensure you provide evidence within your application giving examples, where appropriate, as to how you meet the specified requirement for the job.
*Assessment Criteria A = Application form; I = Interview;
Duties and responsibilities highlighted in this Job Description are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
Contracted Hours – One Full time post
Employment – Self Employed / Contractor basis
Terms of Employment – 18 months until 31st March 2022
On a successful BID Ballot, then contract extended for an additional 5 Years
(1st April 2022 to 31st March 2027)
The role will be based in the Loughborough Town Centre BID Area & at the Love Loughborough BID Office
You must be prepared to work outside
Interviews will be held by members of the Love Loughborough Board of Directors.
How to Apply
References will be required from successful candidates.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeedjobs.com.