In light of the escalating guidelines regarding Coronavirus Loughborough BID can confirm the following advice and information which is available for businesses.
- Business Rates Expanded Retail Discount – Full information HERE
- Business Interruption Loan up to £5m, for SME’s with T/O under £41m, 80% loan guarantee, no additional fees, 6 months no interest payable period – will launch on Monday
- Please visit the LLEP Site to access up to date information
We know that Coronavirus (COVID-19) is causing concern for businesses. If your business is feeling the impact of this economic shock, and is in need of advice of how to prepare and communicate with your staff, or are looking for the latest guidance for dealing with customers in your business please find below a useful links to the current information available:
- Coronavirus Guidance to Employers and Businesses: guidance to employers, employees and support for businesses:
- Guidance to Employers: on providing advice to your staff on COVID-19, how to help prevent the spread of respiratory infections, what to do if someone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 has been in business settings and advice on travelling overseas.
- Guidance to Employees: advice to employees on working from home, sick pay, and frequently asked questions
- Support for Businesses: government guidance on what support is being provided to businesses. Including paying sick pay, small business rate relief, and business interruption loan scheme
- COVID-19 and Business Crime Impact: Information and guidance on how to tackle increased criminal activity in lock-down.
- HMRC Covid-19 Helpline: If you run a business or are self-employed and are concerned about paying your tax due to coronavirus, you can call HMRC’s helpline for help and advice: 0800 0159 559.
- FSB Advice to Small Businesses: advice and guidance on reducing risks of disruption from the COVID-19 virus to you and your business and other funding options.
- Business Interruption Load Scheme: details on how to apply for the business interruption loan scheme. This will temporarily replace the Enterprise Finance Guarantee (EFG); with details being made available over the coming days.
- ACAS Advice to Employers and Employees: practical HR advice and a simple step guide on how to protect the health and safety of staff.
- VisitBritain website is continually being updated and includes Travel Advice.
Business Financial Support
We have put together a basic crib sheet for businesses so that you can see all of the financial support information on one page. You can download this here.
For detailed financial information please visit the following website which gives details of every grant/funding/payment holiday available.
Our Digital Engagement Advisor, Charlotte Havis, will now work remotely on Monday and will deliver digital support. No face to face contact is advised – for those who have training support booked, Charlotte will be in contact with further information.
Our Events Co-ordinator, Kelly Hill, will work remotely. Kelly will focus her attentions on business support and assistance through social media and website marketing for businesses and one to one support via the phone & email.
Our BID Ambassador, Celine Patel, will work remotely. Celine will be available on retail radio and offer support and assistance via the telephone, radio or email. Celine will also be available for any Pubwatch inquiries to support pubs and clubs.
The BID Manager, Lisa Brown, will work remotely and offer advice and guidance via telephone or email.
Love Loughborough Actions and Events
Love Loughborough have made the decision to postpone / suspend the following activities:
- Bike Show – Postponed
- 2020 & Beyond Meeting – postponed
- No bag deliveries – collect only from outside the BID office
- Hanging Baskets & Troughs – Cancelled for 2020 (BUT the contractor has already bought the plants so he will look to install baskets for free if necessary)
- Monthly Market Stall promotion – suspended until further notice
Other Events (Car Show / LBoro by the Sea – awaiting further confirmation.
More Information Links
Charnwood Borough Council Updates
Government Guidance for Employees, Employers and Businesses.
BBC – National News and Live Updates
Leicester Mercury – Local News and Live Updates
This page will be regularly updated when new information is available.