This is a public exhibition for the Bedford Square Gateway Scheme
- Venue: The Forest Room, John Storer House
- Time: 9.30am to 4.00pm on Friday 6 March 2020 and 9.30am to 4.00pm on Saturday 7 March 2020
- Purpose: To provide information on the detailed plans for a £1.9 million regeneration scheme for Bedford Square, Ward’s End and Devonshire Square, which will transform this part of the town centre to create a more attractive and pedestrian-friendly destination for shoppers. The scheme aims to increase footfall to boost trade in the area. The project will see footpaths widened and re-paved to create a high-quality and attractive street scene which will showcase the area’s distinct character and heritage. Character street lighting and furniture will also be added and more of the area will be on one level making it more accessible. A large open space in Devonshire Square will be created to host events and the scheme also retains parking and maintains traffic flow in the area. Street works are planned to start early in 2021 and be completed by October 2021.
- Information available: 3D animation, Exhibition Boards, images of the proposed scheme, design plans
- Those in attendance: Officers from Charnwood Borough Council and representatives from the appointed highways design company, Wood plc