The Government has introduced a range of Covid-19 grants which businesses in Charnwood may be eligible for.
Below is a summary of the different schemes, eligibility criteria, eligible periods and how to apply. Full details of all schemes are available by following the links.
Your business may qualify for more than one grant so you may need to complete more than one application form or process.
Please read all the information carefully before submitting an application or inquiry.
Please note, we will process claims as quickly as possible but payments will not be made until the new year. Here is some information on our opening times over the holiday period.
Since the start of the pandemic, we have been working incredibly hard to ensure Government funding for businesses has reached local companies as quickly and as securely as possible and that is continuing.
Please continue to keep an eye on this webpage and sign up to our email alerts to make sure you are kept informed of any further grant scheme news.
1. Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant
The Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant is a scheme to support Hospitality, Leisure and Accommodation businesses who have had their trading impacted by the recent surge in Covid case because of the new Omicron variant.
This is a one-off grant scheme commencing from Thursday December 30, 2021. Applications will close on Monday February 28, 2022.
This scheme will be administered in line with Government requirements.
Full details and how to apply
2. Local Discretionary Grant Scheme (currently closed)
The Discretionary Grant Scheme is now closed, we believe we have exceeded our current funding and therefore cannot accept any new applications at this stage.
Once the additional funding has been provided by the government we will re-open the application process. Please follow updates on this page for further information.
Who is eligible?
- Small and micro businesses in the, leisure, hospitality, personal care and travel
- Suppliers to the hospitality sector, which usually derive at least 40% of their revenues from these sectors.
- Mobile or home-based businesses in the leisure, hospitality, personal care and travel sectors which do not have a business rates account
- A reduction in income due to the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Ongoing fixed business-related costs such as utility bills, business insurance, rent, etc. to evidence.
Appeals for all Covid-19 business grants
There is no right to appeal, and the decision of the Council is final. As set out in the Business Grant Fund Policy, the Council’s interpretation of the guidance is at its own discretion and it will be the final arbiter of the definitions contained within this policy.
Full information can be found on the Council’s website: https://www.charnwood.gov.uk/pages/cvbusiness