Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service – Business Fire Safety Workshops – November 23rd
This November 23rd, Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service are delivering 2 business fire safety workshops at City Hall in Leicester.
These workshops will help business owners and managers to understand their legal responsibilities and duties under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
There are 2 workshops on Tuesday 23rd November, one at 10:00 in the morning and another at 14:00 in the afternoon.
The workshops are FREE for all for business owners, managers and ‘responsible persons’ throughout Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. They are open to all businesses, but we especially want to support small business owners, those just starting up, and businesses that have not yet been audited by our Inspecting Officers.
We will give simple, practical advice and guidance on topics including:
- Fire Risk Assessments – the starting point for all fire safety matters
- Periodic testing and maintenance – fire doors, fire alarms emergency lighting etc. – what, when and how
- Preparing robust Emergency Fire Action Plans – what to do in the event of a fire emergency
- Mandatory fire safety training – staff inductions, fire marshals, fire evacuation drills
- Record keeping – key documents, legal requirements, certificates
- Premises inspections and fire safety audits by L.F.R.S – what to expect when we audit your premises, how to achieve compliance
Immediately following the workshops there will be an optional Q&A session with our team of Fire Protection Inspecting Officers. All attendees will have the opportunity to discuss specific fire safety subjects, or ask questions to our team in an informal setting with a tea / coffee.
We will also provide each attendee with a fire safety ‘goody bag’ containing useful resources and guidance material to assist them in running their business.
Spaces are limited and pre-booking is essential. It’s easy to book online using the QR code / link below, but bookings can also be made via email (FireSafety.Advisors@leics-fire.gov.uk ) or over the phone (0116 210 5555).
If you have any questions please get in touch using the contact FireSafety.Advisors@leics-fire.gov.uk